Hover your mouse over the images to see larger view. Select an image to ZOOM the image.
ONLY available for engraving on our Playaboule Red and Green 107mm, but NOT available on the 100mm set and any Perfetta Bocce ball set. You must order a set of balls in addition to this laser engraving option.
NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE GLO BOCCE OR GLO PETANQUE OR ANY OTHER PRODUCTS.
Laser engraving done in house by us.Typical same day turnaround.
Personalized custom laser engraving of bocce balls.
We can laser engrave quite long names/text (Please read all notes below) on all 8 balls. That works out to be approx $3.00 per ball.
- Can only be purchased with a set of balls.
- You can choose a second line for extra cost. $8.00
- The prices are for all 8 balls graved the same. We do not engrave the pallina. If you want a different combination e.g. 4 green with 1 logo or text and the 4 red a different logo or text then the setup time is doubled so the price is doubled.
- For 1 or 2 lines of text we do a best placement avoiding the lines already cut into the balls.
- If you want more than 2 lines of text, that is considered Custom Logo engraving (choose from the right). All the rules listed on this page still apply. With more than 2 lines of text it is not always possible to avoid the lines in the balls. We still try to do a best fit.
- ***MOST IMPORTANT*** Any text, logo etc MUST fit inside a 2 inch dia circle. This is the limit as moving outside that, the laser beam focus drops off (degrades) the further from the high point (Top center of the ball) that the laser moves. If you are not sure of how your engraving will look, lay out what you want on a piece of paper inside a 2 inch circle first.
- A name that is 9 characters long will be approx. 9mm (3/8 inch) high. If it's longer then the height will be less to suit condition 6.
- There is of course a logical limit to the number of letters. A reasonable maximum number of letters per line is 10 - 12 and this includes spaces. But we can do more they'll just be harder to read. So you can type for eg "William and Gwendolin's Wedding" and we will engrave it. But it will be harder to read and you will be disappointed.
- You can put spaces in. So a Name could read
JOHN SMITH. Spaces count as letters
- The laser engraving depth is approximately .25 mm deep or less and does not affect warranty or the balance of the balls.
- Laser Engraved balls are NOT returnable.
- The Solid Color balls we think, show the engraving better than the Speckled balls. Because the "busyness" of the speckles make the text harder to see. Especially if the letters are small due to length of text requested.
Custom engraving your image or logo
We can also do special engraving of your artwork at low cost.
Note: You must read ALL the information below before you contact us or send any images.
We cannot engrave copyright, trademark or licensed images/logos, as that is illegal. Those include NFL or other sports team logos, Disney characters etc.
Do NOT send us screen captures, images you've copied off the web, low resolution scanned images, or ANY colored or gray scaled images. We can engrave any image sent to us but the detail you will get from any of those listed above will be very poor and you won't be happy.
Before calling send file first to email@example.com.
Formats supported .ai, CorelDraw all types, PhotoShop all types, Illustrator all types (but must have compression turned off when saved). Or as a last resort hi resolution ( 300dpi or better ) .bmp files. The best format is vector and not bit map. We can't do color or grey scale so it must be black and white only. e.g. .bmp 1-bit only. Adobe Illustrator (uncompressed) or CorelDraw are preferred. Must be scaled to fit in 2 inch dia circle or a 2 x 2 inch square if there is no fine detail in the corners.
If the image does not need to be adjusted the cost per set to laser engrave 8 balls is only $48.95. That's approx. $6.00 per ball. If we need to do a special setup or modifications to your artwork additional charges will apply.
As noted above. Laser engraving is burning off the top layer of a ball. It is NOT a color process like a laser color printer. Sending us a low resolution image or one copied off a website it will have very poor resolution when engraved.
So this color logo as a .JPG
must be converted to 1 bit black and white like this as "line art" and as a .BMP
or this which is converted to 1 bit but as "half tone" and gives the approximation of gray scale and also saved as a .BMP
another convert options that is available in PhotoShop or Corel Paint and image processing software when converting to 1 bit is "stucki". It like "half tone" gives the impression of gray scale.